I’m just reposting this from Chris’s blog and urging everyone to think about spending a weekend in January in Philly on the cheap engaging in what promises to be some important conversations about what schools can and must become…
“From January 25-27, we’re going to attempt something really quite exciting at SLA. We’re going to host EduCon 2.0.
About EduCon 2.0
EduCon 2.0 is both a conversation and a conference.
And it is not a technology conference. It is an education conference. It is a School 2.0 conference. It is, hopefully, an innovation conference where we want to come together, both in person and virtually, to discuss the future of schools. We are looking for people to present ideas, facilitate conversations, and share best practice.
The Axioms / Guiding Principles of EduCon 2.0:
1) Our schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members.
2) Our schools must be about co-creating — together with our students — the 21st Century Citizen
3) Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around.
4) Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate and collaborate
5) Learning can — and must — be networked
We are now making our call for conversations — these are the sessions where people present ideas, lead conversations, engage with people and find a way to update the conference-style presentation in a way that is more interactive, more progressive and — hopefully — takes advantage of all of the ways we’ve found to engage a wider audience.
Proposals are due Nov 1st. Please consider creating a conversation.
(Feel free to link to this post and/or to the conference wiki!)”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.