Flat to Down to Way Down:
Music: sales last year were down 21% from their peak in 1999
- Television: network TV’s audience share has fallen by a third since 1985
- Radio: listenership is at a 27-year low
- Newspapers: circulation peaked in 1987, and the decline is accelerating
- Magazines: total circulation peaked in 2000 and is now back to 1994 levels (but a few premier titles are bucking the trend!)
- Books: sales growth is lagging the economy as whole
- Movies: 2004 was another record year, both for theaters and DVDs
- Videogames: even in the last year of this generation of consoles, sales hit a new record
- Web: online ads will grow 30% this year, breaking $10 billion (5.4% of all advertising)
In that spirit, don’t forget that April 25-May 1 is “TV Turnoff Week.” Spend it blogging (not journaling) instead. (I just can’t help myself…)
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.